Hocking Stuart Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rules on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- By entering into the Hocking Stuart Promotion (the Promotion), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Promotion terms and conditions.
- The promoter of the Promotion is Hocking Stuart (South Yarra) Pty Ltd of 85 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141 (the Promoter).
- Entrants in the Promotion must be strictly 18 or over to enter.
- Entry in the Promotion is only open to residents of Australia excluding:
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including the prize supplier);
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 5(a) of these terms and conditions (including natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter));
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter;
- persons who have been evicted from Caulfield Racecourse; and
- any other persons deemed ineligible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- In order to gain entry into the Promotion (an Entry), an Eligible Entrant must:
- complete the online entry form at mrc.racing.com/hscomp and successfully submit their entry with all required details; and
- be available to attend Blue Sapphire Stakes Day at Caulfield Racecourse, 17 October 2018.
- Each individual is only entitled to submit one Entry.
- The Promotion is open from 11.30am 1 September 2018 until 1.00pm 1 September 2018 AEST (the Entry Period)
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including but not limited to entrant identity and location) and disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible Entrant or who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Prize and Prize Draw
- The Prize is:
- Two Moet and Chandon Marquee tickets on Catanach’s Jewellers Blue Sapphire Stakes Day, Wednesday 17 October 2018 (Event)
- Two Melbourne Racing Club 2018/19 Memberships
- The total value of the prize is $1,500 (incl GST).
- The Prize does not include transfers to and from the Event.
- The Promoter, in conjunction with the Melbourne Racing Club, will conduct a random electronic draw to determine the Prize winner on Monday, 3 September 2018 and will notify each winner by email as soon as reasonably practicable.
- In the event a winner cannot be contacted or does not accept the prize by contacting the Promoter by 5.00pm on Thursday, 6 September 2018, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, elect to re-allocate those tickets to a new winner and will use reasonable endeavours to notify the original winner of the re-allocation.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. The Promoter or Melbourne Racing Club reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize at its complete discretion. The Promoter and Melbourne Racing Club accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter and Melbourne Racing Club make no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the prize; and (b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, the Event does not go ahead, a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- The Prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward. If the Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- The name of the Prize winner shall be published on www.hockingstuart.com.au for at least 28 days following the prize draw.
- The personal information you have provided in your entry to the Promotion is collected, used and disclosed by both the Promoter and the Melbourne Racing Club in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies (available from https://www.hockingstuart.com.au/privacy-policy and http://mrc.racing.com/our-club/governance/terms-and-conditions/privacy-policy). The Promoter and Melbourne Racing Clubmay use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of conducting and administrating the Promotion, awarding the Prize, and other related activities across Australia, including providing you with member services or promotional and marketing material, direct marketing, complying with its legal obligations or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Policies. The Promoter and Melbourne Racing Clubmay share your personal information, including but not limited to contact details, date of birth, gender, qualifications or communication history, with third parties to carry out functions and activities on the Promoter and/or the Melbourne Racing Club's behalf, including but not limited to direct marketing, companies engaged to operate rewards/loyalty programs or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Policies. In certain circumstances, your information may be disclosed overseas. The Privacy Policies contains information about how you may access and request correction of your personal information or make a complaint about the handling of your personal information, and provides information about how a complaint will be dealt with. Your entry may be rejected if the required information is not provided. If you do not wish to receive promotional material from the Promoter or Melbourne Racing Club, the Promoter'ssponsors or third parties you must advise the Promoter and Melbourne Racing Club via email or telephone or via the specific opt-out procedures provided in the relevant communication.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or other applicable law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, members and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; any tax liability incurred by any entrant; any prize(s); or participation in or use of the prize. In these terms and conditions, 'Consumer Guarantees' mean the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a State or Territory of Australia.
- The Promoter and Melbourne Racing Club reserves the right to refuse any participation in the Promotion (including refusing entry to the Event to any person including a prize winner) to anyone deemed to be displaying abusive language, displaying unsafe, drunken or inappropriate behaviour at the Event or who otherwise has potential (in Melbourne Racing Club’s absolute discretion) to in any way damage the brand, reputation or image of the Promoter, the Melbourne Racing Club or any of its sponsors.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the application process or who has breached these terms and conditions, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if deemed necessary. The Promoter shall much such determination in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and will release the Promoter and the Melbourne Racing Club from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize) and will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Promoter and Melbourne Racing Club in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time and for any reason.
- The Promoter and Melbourne Racing Club accept no responsibility for lost, misplaced or misdirected entries or Prizes.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and each entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.