WIN A VIP EXPERIENCE AT THE EMERSON FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS!
Register your details to win and continue your race day experience on either Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas Day or Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Day!*
Valid at $4,000
*Terms and Conditions apply.
See Terms and Conditions
MRC Young Members Presented by PIMM’s
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rules on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- By entering into the MRC Young Members presented by PIMM’s (the Promotion), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Promotion terms and conditions.
- The promoter of the Promotion is Victoria Amateur Turf Club (incorporating Melbourne Racing Club) trading as Melbourne Racing Club of Gate 22, Station Street, Caulfield VIC 3162. ABN 96 267 203 634 (the Promoter).
- Entrants in the Promotion must be strictly 18 or over to enter.
- Entry in the Promotion is only open to residents of Australia excluding:
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion (including the prize supplier);
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 5(a) of these terms and conditions (including natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter));
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter;
- persons who have been evicted from Caulfield Racecourse; and
- any other persons deemed ineligible by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- The Promotion consists of two separate promotions and prizes:
- One in respect of Caulfield Guineas Day (the Guineas Promotion); and
- One in respect of Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Day (the Cup Promotion).
- In order to gain entry into either Promotion (an Entry), an Eligible Entrant must:
- complete the online entry form at mrc.racing.com/ymcomp and successfully submit their entry with all required details; and
- attend MRC Young Members presented by PIMM’s on Caulfield Guineas Day or Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Day (as relevant)
- Each individual is only entitled to submit one Entry for each Promotion.
- The Guineas Promotion is open from 01/10/2018 at 08.00am until 13/10/2018 at 02.00pm on Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas Day and the Cup Promotion is open from 01/10/2018 at 8.00am until 20/10/2018 2.00pm on Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Day AEST (the Entry Period).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and entrants (including but not limited to entrant identity and location) and disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible Entrant or who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Prize and Prize Draw
- The Prize is:
- In respect of the Guineas Promotion, one(1) VIP AFTER Party experience to The Emerson on Ladbrokes Caulfield Guineas Day; and
- In respect of the Cup Promotion, one(1) VIP AFTER Party experience to The Emerson on Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Day
- The total value of the prize is $4,000 per experience (incl GST).
- The Prize does not include guaranteed transfers to and from Caulfield Racecourse. The Prize includes food and beverages supplied by The Emerson in their venue.
- The Promoter will conduct a random electronic draw to determine the Prize winner of each Promotion around 2pm on the applicable Caulfield Race Day and will notify the winner by SMS immediately. The Promoter will also announce the winner in the MRC Young Members presented by PIMM’s marquee.
- The winner must present themselves (and show photo identification) to the Promoter’s staff within the MRC Young Members presented by PIMM’s marquee within 10 minutes of their name being announced to receive the Prize.
- In the event a winner does not present themselves within the time stipulated, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, elect to re-allocate those tickets to a new winner, will replicate the process set out in clauses 15 and 16 and will use reasonable endeavours to notify the original winner of the re-allocation.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize at its complete discretion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of the prize; and (b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, the race day does not go ahead, a winner cannot be contacted or is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- The Prize cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward. If the Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees (as defined below) or other applicable law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees, members and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; any tax liability incurred by any entrant; any prize(s); or participation in or use of the prize. In these terms and conditions, 'Consumer Guarantees' mean the consumer guarantees which apply to the supply of products or services under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 to the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a State or Territory of Australia.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any participation in the Promotion (including refusing entry to Caulfield Racecourse or The Emerson to any person including a prize winner) to anyone deemed to be displaying abusive language, displaying unsafe, drunken or inappropriate behaviour at Caulfield Racecourse or The Emerson or who otherwise has potential (in the Promoter’s absolute discretion) to in any way damage the brand, reputation or image of the Promoter or any of its sponsors.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the application process or who has breached these terms and conditions, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if deemed necessary. The Promoter shall much such determination in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and will release the Promoter from all claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize) and will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Promoter in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the Prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time and for any reason.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, misplaced or misdirected entries.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and each entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.